Friday, August 16, 2013

Banana stuffed pancakes drizzled with almond butter sauce

I love pancakes! Not only making them, but eating them! I think it's fun to wait for them to bubble so that you can flip them and seeing your stack of pancakes appear on your plate. And then afterwards, you have a masterpiece to photograph and eat!



























I decided that I wanted to take my website to the next level and use my professional camera, rather than using my phone to photograph my food. I'm liking the quality of the pictures much better! Now you can get a clearer visual of my decadent creations.




























I'm guessing you're drooling just waiting for recipe. Well, here it is!


In a bowl, mix together the following ingredients:

-1/2c flour
-1/2c almond milk
-1 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp cinnamon

Mix until it forms a batter.

How to prepare:

-Grease a pan with 1 tsp oil.
-Pour 1/4 - 1/5 of the batter into the pan.
-After about 30 seconds of cooking, place slices of banana on top of the pancake and lightly press down.
-Flip when it bubbles (it should bubble after about 2 minutes, depending on how hot your stove is).
-Let it cook for about 1 - 1.5 more minutes. (They cook fast because they're pretty thin pancakes).
-Repeat making the pancakes 3 - 4 more times until you have 4-5 pancakes.

Almond butter sauce:

-1 - 2 Tbs almond butter
-3 Tbs almond milk
-Pinch of cinnamon
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Mix until smooth.

Drizzle the sauce all over the pancakes.

 * * *

Now you're ready to enjoy your panakes!







No comments:

Post a Comment