Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peaches 'n cream pancakes



Rainy Sunday mornings. There's something comforting and cozy about them, but they're also kind of melancholy. A lot of people have a tradition where they eat pancakes on Sundays, so I thought I'd join and partake in the tradition! I had a perfectly ripe peach in my fruit bowl in the kitchen and some new coconut butter that I bought at the farmer's market yesterday, so I figured I'd combine them into some delicious peaches 'n cream pancakes, since it's pancake Sunday after all.


My oh my. 
These pancakes were delicious.
Don't you want to put this picture right on your wall?



























Directions:

For the batter:
-1/2c flour
-1/2c almond milk
-2 packets of stevia
-Pinch of cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 tsp baking powder

-Grease your pan with 1 tsp oil or coconut oil (or melted coconut butter).
-Pour 1/4 of the batter into the pan.
-Place finely chopped peach slices onto the pancake and lightly press down.
-Flip after about 1-2 minutes, or when it bubbles.
-Let cook another 1-1.5 minutes and then repeat previous 3 steps 3 more times so that you end up with 4 pancakes.


Cream sauce:

-1 - 2 coconut butter, melted until soft and syrupy.
-2 Tbs almond milk
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 packet stevia

Mix and pour over pancakes.




Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment