Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Fruity peach and banana breakfast smoothie



























This could have been mistaken for a *gasp* milkshake! It was so smooth, sweet, and creamy.
Fruit has also always been a huge staple of my vegan lifestyle. Even before I was a vegan, I always had a love for fruit. It's satisfying, sweet, pretty, and there are endless kinds of fruit to try! I love going to Asian markets and picking out new fruits to try. Persimmons are my all time favorite fruit, but the downside to that is that they're only available in the winter (and I don't like that season very much because it's so cold) so it's a trade off, but it's something to look forward to!

Anyway, here is another snapshot of my gorgeous breakfast smoothie.




Start your day off right and have this smoothie for breakfast!


(serves one)

Directions:

In your blender, put the following ingredients:
-2 (pretty ripe) large bananas
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 giant peach
-1/2 scoop vanilla rice protein powder
-2 - 3 Tbs shredded coconut
-1/2c almond milk
-1/3c crushed ice
-1/4c soaked (overnight in water) buckwheat

Blend!

Top with another sliced banana.

{Nutrition fun fact: this smoothie has about 20g protein}.



No comments:

Post a Comment