Saturday, August 17, 2013

Toast with almond butter and cherries, mango, and soy nuts

Earlier this morning, I went for a great run. The weather was beautiful and it was so relaxing, but exhilarating. It's very important to refuel properly after a workout, so this is what I ate after I worked out. This isn't really a recipe per se, it's more of an idea for what you could have after a workout.
































All I did was spread 1 Tbs of raw almond butter on a piece of toasted cinnamon raisin ezekiel bread, and topped it with cherries. Then on the side, I had some slices of mango and some roasted soy nuts. This whole mini-meal (or snack) had about 15g protein. It's very good to refuel with protein and carbs carbs carbs as well as some salt (in the soy nuts), to replace what you lose when you work up a sweat. And water. Lots of water!

* * *

So later, I went to the local farmer's market and bought some goodies from mother nature. I got a bag of large carrots, a Japanese pumpkin, kale, 2 yellow zucchinis, a cucumber, raw coconut butter, 5 peaches, and 2 kinds of sweet potatoes. Yum! I like supporting local produce farms. The closer the produce from where you buy it is, the fresher it is, which always tastes better in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment