Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cashew coconut dream pie ... and a walk in the park!


Do you dream about pie? I know I do! I have recipes and food presentation ideas floating around and bouncing off the walls of my brain. It's quite wonderful, since I can put my ideas to good use and share them with the world. :)






So I was craving pie. I came up with this recipe and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Crust:

In your blender, put the following ingredients:
-10 large pitted medjool dates
-1/3c shredded coconut
-2 Tbs water

Blend!

Filling:

In your blender, put the following ingredients:
-1 cup of raw cashews
-1/4 cup agave nectar
-5 large pitted medjool dates
-1 tsp coconut extract
-1 Tbs coconut butter

Blend!

Spread the crust onto a shallow bowl and about 1/2 an inch up the sides.

Then spread the filling onto the crust.

Sprinkle with coconut.

Refrigerate 1-3 hours before eating to let it harden.


***


Let's rewind a few hours. Earlier this evening, I took my dog for a walk at the park. The weather was beautiful and there was a slight breeze in the air. Don't you love taking your dog for a walk?!








Animals have always been a huge source of happiness and love in my life. 

(funny side note: my dog needs a bang trim)!


"Questers of the truth, that's who dogs are; seekers after the invisible scent of another being's authentic core."
 - Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson

No comments:

Post a Comment