Saturday, August 10, 2013

Chickpea avocado veggie and rice sushi























I've always loved vegetable and rice sushi ever since I was a little kid. I've also always loved to cook, so I thought - why not make my own sushi? So that's just what I did!


To make the filling, put the following ingredients in the blender:

1/3c chickpeas
1/4 avocado
1/2 tsp salt
1 large carrot
About 3 inches of a zucchini or cucumber without the seeds (your choice but I personally prefer zucchini)
A pinch of lemon juice

Blend until it becomes a chunky paste-like texture

To prepare the sushi:

-Lay out a sheet of seaweed (Nori) and spread 1/4c of sticky rice onto it
-Then spread half of the filling on top of the rice
-Roll tightly and then secure the edge by dipping your fingers in some water and patting the nori down so that it sticks together
-Repeat one more time, using the other 1/4c rice and the rest of your filling.
-Chop each roll into 3-4 slices and refrigerate for about an hour

No comments:

Post a Comment